Saturday, January 23, 2016

This Old Dog Can't Seem to Learn a New Trick!

Welcome to my first ever Blogger blog. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm old! My eldest grandchild is 15 today, so gone are the days I can pretend to be 35, even 40. There had to be a child in there who was born, grew up, had a child--you get the picture. Bottom line, I'm old.

Now, I used to believe age brought wisdom, but that doesn't apply today. My six-year-old grandson can use my tablet better than I can. My ten-year-old grandson accesses the DVD player, blu-ray, Netflix, whatever he wants, and I can barely turn on the televison. But, I always thought I was reasonably good with the computer. My phone--not so much--but the desktop, even the laptop, I could manage. Not now.

Now, I feel completely out of my depth, out of my element, and lost. It's a sobering and depressing feeling.

Do this--it will be easy. NOT! For the past two hours I've been struggling to figure out how to do a blog on this site--more precisely on this blog venue, but on another site to which I have access. With the help of dedicated friends, I've managed to bring up the site, but the bttons that are supposed to be there to ensure I'm on the right page are missing.

While I'm not the sharpest tool in the virtual computer toolshed, I've always thought of myself as able to cope, to figure it out, to manage to make it work, but I'm on the verge of yanking my hair out. So where do I go from here? I have no idea. The button that's supposed to be there simnply isn't, and no matter how many times I close the page and open it, it doesn't appear. The Internet keeps phasing in and out and driving me insane. If I were struggling to finish a book, it would be great, but since the Internet is what I need right now, frustrated doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

I'm going to take a deep breath and try to figure out an alternative to this, but man, this old dog hates learning new tricks!


No comments:

Post a Comment